If you are looking to strengthen your online presence through blogging and videos, you need to know how to SEO.
Have you noticed that every SEO forum or big blogs you stop by are constantly touting the power and necessity of backlinks? Must be a pretty big deal if you ask me. 😉
What exactly is a backlink?
A backlink is a link on another website (external) that leads to a page on your website. For instance, a link on this page to a page on another website would be a backlink for that webpage. Backlinks can come from a variety of sources. It helps to improve your search engine rankings, and they provide additional exposure and access to your website from external sources. This is also called Off Page SEO.
There are tons of ways to get backlinks and each of the methods takes time to learn and master. Rather than getting super-in-depth with any single back-linking strategy, I’m going to give you some tips to get backlinks. If implemented correctly, your content will show up on search engines with your relevant keywords. The image below gives you an illustration on how backlinks look like.
The backlinks made easy tips
While the best backlinks are those that are earned on the strength of great content, great content will not be seen unless the web page it occupies is highly visible in the search results. If it’s not seen, it won’t attract backlinks. If it doesn’t attract backlinks, search engines will not see it as an authoritative page and, as a result, it will be virtually invisible in the search results. Little or no visibility in the search results perpetuates the vicious cycle of little or no search referral traffic, few or no backlinks, and low authority.
How do we get backlinks?
1) There are proven option of getting your articles published on authority article directories in order to increase the exposure of your website to millions of visitors and get valuable search engine rankings. Getting published in article directories won’t cost you a dime so I think you’ll agree this makes it a great investment.
A good thing to remember, in regards to backlinks, is to place all the links permissible to you in your article. A thorough reading of the editorial guidelines will help you create valuable content efficiently. Typically, depending on the article directory, you can have one or two “non-self-serving” links in the article body and two “self-serving” links in the author resource box.
2) As we all know Social bookmarks are a great way to get backlinks. Social bookmarking sites get crawled constantly by the search engines. When you post a bookmark on one, your will likely be crawled in a matter of hours. It really is that easy. Of course, you can never guarantee anything that Google or other search engines will do, but your link is more than likely to be indexed in a relatively short period of time with just a bookmark or two.
3) Another great way of getting backlinks are through press releases and news announcements. This approach gives good results since there are many websites that can publish your articles for free through announcements. You need to make a professionally written document for a press release to be able to attract more attention and get visitors to your website.
4) You can also get backlinks by exchanging contents and affiliate programs. This can be through offering RSS feeds to interested sites for free as they do the same for you. You can then be able to get more visitors as they look to get more information based on the abstract they read from other websites.
5) You can use joint ventures, co-branding or partnership for the purpose of getting backlinks. To do this you can make a request to have them link back to your website. Another option on how to get backlinks is to do a guest post on these websites and include a link as free content for them. This will make it possible for them to get more traffic through reference.
6) Another method to use is the “link-bait”. This basically means giving away a gift so as to be able to get backlinks. A way to do this is to have gift cards from shopping websites online to attract more visitors to your websites. Many readers will want to get the gift in the offer and this increases readership, since they have to go through your website to win.
7) Forums can be an amazing means for building blog backlinks. What you do is to search out related forums in your niche. I recommend adding your blog url as a backlink in your forum signature. Then every post you make has a backlink to your blog. A good forum post can send 100s of visitors to your blog in a week, or even a day.
8) And here’s an important one…make sure you deep link within your own blog. Meaning, you want to link one article to another relevant articles within your own blog.
Want to learn more SEO and how to build an authority site? Sign up for my 10 days Online and Mobile Marketing Bootcamp where I go through on page SEO and off page SEO in greater details.
So there you have your quick backlinks made easy guide! Now you’re educated and you can go find backlinks for your blog, website or landing pages. Backlinks are the lifeblood of promoting your website. Building backlinks can be so easy, and benefit your blog!