I hope you had a good start into the New Year. My first week in 2014…has been interestingly bad and good.
Why Mobile Marketing Is So Effective
Mobile phone is considered one of the most personal gadgets, if not most personal gadget. Mobile phone keeps you connected anywhere, anytime with your friends and family. When it comes to business, the mobile industry has grown so fast within the last two years, and text SMS marketing has become a powerful way for businesses to communicate with their customers.
I invite you to read through the Nielsen’s Mobile Consumer Report earlier this year.
Let’s take a look at the stats below. In the US alone on average, there are over 764 texts being sent and received per month on a single user.
Over 94% of those text messages are also being read within the first three minutes.
“The average number of texts has gone up 566% in just two years according to Nielsen report, far surpassing the average number of calls, which has stayed nearly steady.”
“SMS text messaging is by far one of the fastest growing sectors in mobile advertising with 9.6 trillion messages sent in 2012 alone, according to Portio Research.”
Text messaging has become one of the most effective ways to instantly connect with your clients/customers and leads.
When you compare the SMS open rates vs email open rates, the answer is clear where the trending is going. Mobile marketing is a great way to establish long term loyalty for local businesses like hair salon, restaurants, auto shops, and many others.
Mobile marketing is still fairly new in the online industry. But with more business owners turning to the Internet to grow their business, many more independent consultants and internet marketers offer their clients mobile marketing solutions.
With all that said, here are some key reasons why mobile marketing is so effective:
- There are billions of mobile phones owners. More consumers own mobile phones than computers now. Mobile users carry their phones everywhere. 😉 (The last time I left my phone at home, it felt as bad as when I forgot to bring my purse and drove around town!)
- Highly targeted. You are getting people who are interested in what you have to say opt in with their mobile numbers. They are giving you permissions to send them text messages. Opt out is as simple as replying to the text message sent by you with “mute” or “stop”
- Instantly delivered and your messages are being opened in a matter of minutes.
- High open rate. Statistically proven that the open rates for SMS is at least three times more than email open rates.
- Direct communication channel. Two way text messaging can increase customer retention and connect with them on a more personal basis.
- Cost effective. When compared to traditional advertising on TV and newspapers, PPC, PPV, SMS marketing is way cheaper.
This SMS platform is the full solution to mobile marketing and beyond.